Happy Fri – Y A Y ♥ I have a little secret…I LOVE having curly, Victoria’s Secret style hair. The soft waves, perfectly show off highlights + add a feminine touch to any look…I just love having my hair done BUT since I am a baller on a budget hehe I have learned over the years how to curl my hair myself! Normally I like to curl my hair twice a week because with the miracle that is dry shampoo, my curls can last more than a mere fews hours…now they can last a few days!
So I teamed up with my newest haircare brand obsession, Dove to show how I curl my hair!
1. I usually wash my hair the night before I plan on curling it, letting my hair air dry to add a little extra texture (I have super fine hair and don’t wear extensions so I need all the volume I can get).
2. Then when I wake up in the morning I brush out any knots or tangles with the Wet Brush. I LOVE this brush because the bristles are soft + it doesn’t tug or pull out my hair.
3. After brushing my hair I add PLENTY of Dry Shampoo (the more the merrier because it adds texture). I have become obsessed with Dove’s Dry Shampoo’s because they smell AMAZING
4. I separate my hair into 1 inch – 1 1/2 inch sections so it is easier to curl and then I curl away!
5. I have become a fan of Dove Flexible Hairspray now too because it is light, has great hold + doesn’t give my hair that crunchy feeling I hate from other hairsprays lol :p
New Year…New Skin and time for a little ‘Refresh‘! Winter has always been a challenging time for me when it comes to my skin care routine. My skin is constantly struggling between being oily or overly dry…joys of combination skin :p Luckily Dove has a few options that are sure to get my skin (and yours) back to normal during the winter season.
Nothing makes me happier than testing out new hair and skin products by having my very own ‘spa day’. Since moving to LA from NY the change in climate has caused me to A) Break out yet get dry skin at the same time and B) Moisturize my hair and give it a little LA style refresh! Well luckily Dove came to my rescue with the best budget friendly hair and skin care options that you can find at your local drug store!
Dove sent me tons of awesome goodies that my roommate / photographer Ali and I had plenty of fun testing out :p Maybe a little too much fun…oops!
While I have pretty straight hair, the Quench Absolute collection was A) Perfect to add moisture and life back into my hair + B) Was perfect for Ali to use to style her hair (she has coarse curly hair so these products were a total life saver for her)! The shampoo, conditioner and styling products all smell delicious…so much so that I kept wanting to add more to my hair because although I achieved the style I was going for, I couldn’t stop sniffing it haha Don’t you love when drug store beauty buys smell way better than the super expensive products? #BestMomentEver
The Restoration Mask has been an absolute life saver for me. I love how smooth and shiny my hair looks after using it and it can be used as often as you want without overdoing your hair. The same goes for the Supreme Creme Serum, it can be applied to wet or dry hair and includes Glycerin to nourish the hair.
My skin has gone totally off track since moving. Some days it is clear and smooth and other days I am breaking out everywhere…so I tend to over dry my skin with toners + clarifying products to clear up the acne and in the interim I am leaving my skin craving moisture and hydration. The Dove Summer Care series provides a light and fresh feeling without making my skin oily while still providing the moisture my skin needs! It’s a win/win…and oh yeah…it smells amazing as well duh!
And then the last Dove product in my skin care arsenal? Dove Advanced Care deodorant! I actually keep it in my bag so I have it everywhere I go so I always smell fresh and feel clean. It offers 48 hour protection and even after a busy work day, still smells fantastic.