Whether you are heading out for a romantic dinner with your boo, a fun night on the town or a little galentine’s get together, one thing is always essential – the perfect look! I have always loved dressing up for Valentine’s Day, whether I was single or now being in a relationship – I love the decorative + feminine elements of Valentine’s Day…the hearts, the pink, the red, the roses etc!
From the perfect dress to a chic skirt or heart shaped bag (can’t get more Valentine’s Day than that :p), I rounded up my favorite styles perfect for Valentine’s Day so you can look like the perfect rose ♥
Valentine’s Day is just a few weeks away and while my full Valentine’s Day Style Guide will be up soon, I am sharing a great casual alternative here. Maybe you are heading to a girl’s night in or a casual Valentine’s Day date or just want to embrace some pink + red to wear to the office, either way – I made the pom pom cardigan trend work for the day of love.
I have been loving the pom pom cardigan trend for casual days that I basically want to snuggle up in bed + in turn treat the pom pom cardigan like my warm cozy blanket haha I bought it in pink + also a baby blue and they have become my instant go to + I have gotten a ton of compliments on them! My boyfriend is not a fan but hey sometimes trends are for the gals + not the guys, am I right? 😉
I am also a huge fan of these chiffon camisoles – I layer them under everything + own them in every color. They are a great staple to have + wear year round so I highly encourage every gal to stock up on them!
I am obsessed with these pink Manolo Blahnik slingbacks! They are my first ever pair of Manolo’s (crazy I know but I tend to splurge on handbags not shoes) + I bought these as a Christmas gift to myself on Cyber Monday for under $300 – crazy right?! I am slowly beginning to invest in designer shoes but still can’t get myself to pay full price especially when you can buy the styles you love for less from various retailers + outlets.
My bag was another Christmas gift to myself and I scored it at my local Gucci outlet in Palm Desert (one of my favorite places to shop since they have all the designers you love for discounted prices + the styles are still pretty current)!
I don’t know about you but I LOVE a little leopard print. Whether it is creating a fierce look for girl’s night or adding a little leopard to work business look, a little leopard can go a long way + anytime I wear it, I instantly feel like a total boss babe…that is why I am rounding up my favorite leopard pieces here for ya’ll!
From stunning leopard coats (like the one I am wearing below) to chic leopard bags, booties, heels + more…leopard in my opinion adds a little sass to any look + is a great trend to embrace for the cooler winter months (I am living in this coat as of late). Also, ICYMI I rounded up my favorite faux fur picks a week or so ago here because who doesn’t love a furry moment, right? 😉
I’ve always loved the movie 10 Things I Hate About You so I decided with today’s outfit post to add my own little twist so ya’ll can get to know me better…10 Little Things About Me♥
Before I start, I want to breakdown my outfit since it’s one I have already worn to a few events + date nights and it’s one you’ll for sure be a fan of! Heading to girl’s night? Brunch? Dinner date? This look can become your go to!
I live for a a cute wrap dress since I am a firm believer they look good on just about every type of body shape + they look as chic as can be.
Usually I am not a huge fan of stripes (I find them difficult to pull off sometimes) but this dress from Vibe Apparel is one striped dress I am totally digging.
I have been really into white boots lately. I invested in a few pairs this year + I am so glad I did. They freshen up neutral colored winter looks + match with everything.
This Gucci bag was a Christmas gift to myself + it is the first designer bag I bought in a non-neutral color(fun fact haha – I tend to always buy neutral colored bags so they can go with everything – especially when investing a lot of money on them)
♥ 10 Little Things About Me ♥
1. I moved to LA 3 years ago from Long Island, NY(yes, I had a LI accent for a while but it has since went away…however I somehow developed a lisp haha)
2. I have been blogging for over 7 years(crazy I know, when I started Missy On Madison, I was working on Madison Avenue in NYC)
3. I had the absolute worst luck with dating until I met my boyfriend of 2 years who I live with about 20 miles out from LA(he is amazing + also the ying to my yang…while I love social media + sharing about my life, he is very private + doesn’t have any social media haha hence why there aren’t photos of him on my site or social, it’s our mutual respect for one another…he however is the photographer behind all of my amazing photos :p)
4. I have a slight (ok major) handbag addiction…I typically buy a new bag or two for myself every year, usually CHANEL, Gucci or Louis Vuitton (I share my tips to investing in designer bags here) I bought my first designer bag at 14 after saving all of my money from scooping popcorn at my local movie theater, it was a Dior saddle bag which I still have + has come back in style this year! That is what I love about bags, they tend to retain style + value over the years. Double fun fact, I got my handbag obsession from my mom who is an avid handbag lover as well.
5. I have traveled more in the past 2 years than I have in my entire life (what can I say, my boyfriend + I have the travel bug!) On that note, I took my first trip outside of the country last year + it was to London and then Paris.
6. I absolutely LOVE animated movies + characters(this you may know from my Instagram haha I LOVE the Minions but also Disney)
7. Similar to fun fact 6, I LOVE theme parks(my BF + I have been to so many since we began dating and we are continuing our tradition by celebrating our anniversary + my birthday at Disney World…just a few weeks away!)
8. I LIVE in dresses (ok this may be a tad obvious) but I have always been a fan of fit & flare dresses since I was in elementary school.When I got to middle school none of the girls wore dresses but I loved dressing up, wearing heels etc. Guess it makes sense I ended up blogging. Similarly, when I was a kiddo my mom never wanted to put my in the same outfit twice + she used to take photos of me every morning before pre-school etc (her clients think it’s funny now I still take photos of my outfits + have a blog haha :p)
9. I get lash extensions every two weeks + hair extensions every few months(if you follow me regularly you have seen me collaborate with hair extension brands) Once I tried lash + hair extensions for the first time, there was no turning back…they are addicting (but hey, I guess there could be worse things to be addicted to, right? :p)
I have been eyeing up the whole PVC legging trend for a while now + decided it was time to finally give in…so here we are! I have to admit when I got these leggings, I didn’t know if I could pull them off but once I styled them with this 2 in 1 Blazer Jacket + reptile mules, it was perfection. Also, I feel like a bad b**** when I am wearing them haha Lately, I have been feeling a little down so when I can put on an outfit that makes me feel confident, I call that a total win!
This seemingly ordinary blazer has some added features, a soft lined hoodie! So you can go from the gym to the office without needed multiple pieces to change into. The blazer is chic and professional and the hoodie is ideal for community, running out for a lunch break etc. You get 2 pieces for the price of 1!
Ok, I am OBSESSING over these reptile mules. They are sold out but I found similar options here + here. I think they add a little sass + edge to every look.
This Gucci Soho Tote is an oldie but a goodie. I used to wear it all the time when commuting to the office in NYC. It is a great bag for the office or traveling + you can buy them from various second hand retailers since the style has been discontinued.