This post is sponsored by smartwater.
NYFW is right around the corner and that means…P R E P time! See everyone thinks Fashion Week is a fun time like you see on TV or in magazines, but actually attending is work…lugging around your camera, notes, back up phone charger (I usually carry 3…hey those apps totally runs down your battery), your makeup, back up shoes (because even I can’t run around Manhattan in heels all day)…it is work! So what gets me to go up, up, up even if I feel completely drained from the work ahead? Preparing ahead of time!
- Plan your outfits ahead of time — I usually lay out 5 – 7 different options — all that can be easily transitioned from day to night)
- Prepare what you need to bring — I always pack a few essentials to stay on track (Back Up Phone Charger, My Camera, My Planner — I am old fashioned and still like to hand write things because what if your phone dies? Kinda tragic if all of your plans are in it!)
- Stay Hydrated + Fueled — Now this is pretty accurate to what you see on TV, it’s rare you see anyone eating during Fashion Week because shows are back to back and any events that do mention they include food…it’s usually champagne and cupcakes (which for me isn’t a well balanced meal haha I like to eat #SorryNotSorry). I always bring a bottle of water with me and the past two Fashion Weeks smartwater has been my choice because it also has electrolytes that keep me energized to continue going Up, Up, Up throughout my day!
- Always Network + Bring Business Cards — I still believe in being old fashioned and bringing business cards to events (although now-a-days most people just follow each other on social media to connect) I still think there is something genuine about exchanging business cards and I always keep mine in my Initial Pouch.
- Wear A Statement Wearing Bag — I always love to wear a chic bag that has room for all of my essentials and also makes a statement during Fashion Week. This Red Leather Bag is perfect for NYFW and it came just in time for the September shows<3
- Always Bring Perfume or Body Spray — Nothing is worse than running around all day and realizing you need a little ‘refresh’.
*This story is brought to you by smartwater, who believes in making progress every day little by little and sip by sip. That’s how you move up, up, up.
Shop This Post
SnapChat : MissyOnMadison | Periscope: MissyOnMadison