Happy Fri – Y A Y ♥ I have a little secret…I LOVE having curly, Victoria’s Secret style hair. The soft waves, perfectly show off highlights + add a feminine touch to any look…I just love having my hair done BUT since I am a baller on a budget hehe I have learned over the years how to curl my hair myself! Normally I like to curl my hair twice a week because with the miracle that is dry shampoo, my curls can last more than a mere fews hours…now they can last a few days!
So I teamed up with my newest haircare brand obsession, Dove to show how I curl my hair!
1. I usually wash my hair the night before I plan on curling it, letting my hair air dry to add a little extra texture (I have super fine hair and don’t wear extensions so I need all the volume I can get).
2. Then when I wake up in the morning I brush out any knots or tangles with the Wet Brush. I LOVE this brush because the bristles are soft + it doesn’t tug or pull out my hair.
3. After brushing my hair I add PLENTY of Dry Shampoo (the more the merrier because it adds texture). I have become obsessed with Dove’s Dry Shampoo’s because they smell AMAZING
4. I separate my hair into 1 inch – 1 1/2 inch sections so it is easier to curl and then I curl away!
5. I have become a fan of Dove Flexible Hairspray now too because it is light, has great hold + doesn’t give my hair that crunchy feeling I hate from other hairsprays lol :p
Isn’t the best feeling in the world when you are having a good hair day…you know, when your hair has the perfect amount of volume, bounce + shine and is actually able to last the whole day? Yea…well thanks to Amika hair care and pro tools…that day is everyday! I am always game for trying new products, especially if they promise me fab hair in under an hour that actually lasts all day (yup then you have me sold).
Shop White Cold Shoulder Tops
Amika sent me some awesome products that I am for sure in love with (heck the Perk Up dry shampoo they sent me I already ran out of because I am that obsessed with it :p). They actually sent me the perfect after product to dry shampoo…Dry Conditioner! This is the first time I ever heard of it but I totally love it and it smells delicious (is sniffing my hair periodically throughout the day awkward? haha) These products are perfect for me because I try not to wash my hair everyday A) So it prevents my hair from getting to flat + B) Because it’s actually not good to wash your hair everyday (I learned this back when I was a receptionist at a hair salon on Long Island during my college years).
When I use dry shampoo + dry conditioner a day after washing my hair, it gives my hair a little texture, making it ideal for when I want to curl my hair…which brings me to the next amazing Amika product I tested out, the Amika Switch Kit which comes with this awesome interchangeable curling wand that you can swap out the heads for a curling iron whenever you feel like…all the parts match with the swivel base and it is super easy to put together + take apart.
It actually took me a while (and my roommate’s help) to teach me how to use a curling wand haha I have always been traditionally a curling iron kind of gal for fear of burning my fingers, but it is actually pretty easy to do and quick once you get the hang of it. So it’s awesome that whichever way you are most comfortable, Amika provides an option most suiting for you and your hair!So I had to share this little outtake from this shoot…Ali told me to make a funny face, well here it is haha #LongHairDontCare duh 😉
Now after the curling process comes what you need to finish off the look and have your hairstyle hold all day…Amika’s Touchable Hairspray! It has great hold without that ‘crunchy,stiff‘ feeling some hair sprays give you.