Happy Monday Loves! I had a pretty draining weekend (I will fill you in on that tomorrow :p) so the perfect way to start this new week fresh is by testing out some new haircare products from Aveda! They sent me some goodies that help get your hair flawless in minutes without any harsh chemicals or ingredients. Aveda products are made with all natural ingredients that help provide your hair with all the nutrients it needs to grow + shine!
Their ‘Sun Care’ products have been great with helping me to protect + repair any damage to my hair from the harsh summer sunshine. Buy natural hair loss products from OnHealthy. They have a variety of products from sprays, to serums to masks that are all specially formulated to be used either before or after exposure to the sun! My personal favorite of the moment is the Sun Care After-Sun Hair Masque. It almost feels like a spa treatment to me hehe :p
I also love Aveda’s styling products. I keep their travel sized hairspray + dry shampoo in my purse so I can touch up throughout the day! They have been my current go-to’s to prep before appointments + meetings 🙂
Although I am not heading Back To School (although getting an MBA has definitely been on my mind lately…but that is for another time haha) one thing I do love to do is to switch over my beauty products from summer to fall so I suppose I am getting my Back To School beauty buys to start the year (and fall) off right! I want that summer glow and smooth skin to last me well into the winner and with these products, it is sure to do so!
To start…smooth skin. With Schick Disposable Razors from Walmart, that great summer time skin can last year round. I always was a fan of swapping out my razors often. Nothing feels better on your skin than a new, fresh razor to get that close, clean shave without any bumps, marks or bruising (which was often a problem for me in the past — but not anymore).
I love how these disposable razors have that extra added hydration my skin needs and are ideal for sensitive skin like mine.
My other fav beauty products consist of my all time favorite, BB Cream from La Roche-Posay (this stuff is literally the best thing I have ever come across) it honestly hides any and every little blemish and red mark, leaving my skin looking flawless all day long.
In honor of Back To School prepping, Walmart has an exclusive offer for you on Schick razors for guys or gals — Buy One Pack, Get One Free! (you know how much I love a great deal + coupons) Check it out HERE!
P.S. Schick is running a contest now where you can Enter To Win $10,000 towards you college tuition! Umm WOW! Enter (if I was in school I sure would!) 🙂
Isn’t the best feeling in the world when you are having a good hair day…you know, when your hair has the perfect amount of volume, bounce + shine and is actually able to last the whole day? Yea…well thanks to Amika hair care and pro tools…that day is everyday! I am always game for trying new products, especially if they promise me fab hair in under an hour that actually lasts all day (yup then you have me sold).
Shop White Cold Shoulder Tops
Amika sent me some awesome products that I am for sure in love with (heck the Perk Up dry shampoo they sent me I already ran out of because I am that obsessed with it :p). They actually sent me the perfect after product to dry shampoo…Dry Conditioner! This is the first time I ever heard of it but I totally love it and it smells delicious (is sniffing my hair periodically throughout the day awkward? haha) These products are perfect for me because I try not to wash my hair everyday A) So it prevents my hair from getting to flat + B) Because it’s actually not good to wash your hair everyday (I learned this back when I was a receptionist at a hair salon on Long Island during my college years).
When I use dry shampoo + dry conditioner a day after washing my hair, it gives my hair a little texture, making it ideal for when I want to curl my hair…which brings me to the next amazing Amika product I tested out, the Amika Switch Kit which comes with this awesome interchangeable curling wand that you can swap out the heads for a curling iron whenever you feel like…all the parts match with the swivel base and it is super easy to put together + take apart.
It actually took me a while (and my roommate’s help) to teach me how to use a curling wand haha I have always been traditionally a curling iron kind of gal for fear of burning my fingers, but it is actually pretty easy to do and quick once you get the hang of it. So it’s awesome that whichever way you are most comfortable, Amika provides an option most suiting for you and your hair!So I had to share this little outtake from this shoot…Ali told me to make a funny face, well here it is haha #LongHairDontCare duh 😉
Now after the curling process comes what you need to finish off the look and have your hairstyle hold all day…Amika’s Touchable Hairspray! It has great hold without that ‘crunchy,stiff‘ feeling some hair sprays give you.
After Tuesday’s post, I received a few questions on how I get the curls in my hair A) To stay in this harsh winter weather + B) How I get them in my hair period + What products do I use. Well I’m sharing my secret, which isn’t much of a secret at all…I am a low maintenance kind of girl (only when it comes to my hair and makeup of course) so the less work I have to do the better 😉 Here’s my easy product guide to getting loose curls to stay in the dead of winter!
1. Moroccan Oil OR Eva-NYC ‘Mane Tamer’ :: If I plan on blowing out my hair and need to de-frizz I use Moroccan Oil…it smells delicious, makes hair more manageable and is light weight. If I want to let my hair air dry (which is most of the time nowadays…who knew the whole constant straightening in high school would lead me to never wanting to do extra work on my hair ever again lol) I use Eva-NYC’s ‘Mane Tamer’…once again, smells delicious but this is a cream and definitely should be used only if you allow your hair to air dry because it may weigh your hair down or make it slightly oily if you are prone to oily hair.
2. The Wet Brush :: This brush is my savior….like literally the best brush I have every owned. Here is a fun fact about me…before beginning my career in NYC, while I was in college I was a receptionist at a hair salon on Long Island. I tried out tons of hair styling tools, products and processes, and that’s where I discovered a few of my favorite items…including the Wet Brush. I keep one in the shower to brush through my hair after I shampoo + condition and I keep one in my room to brush through my hair once again after using Eva-NYC or Moroccan Oil.
3. Tresemme Fresh Start Dry Shampoo :: I LIVE by this product, I have yet to find a dry shampoo I love as much as this one. I buy it in bulk (I’m talking like 6 cans at a time) and I have one with me no matter where I go. Every morning I spray some in my hair. Typically I was and let my hair air dry the night before I plan on curling it this way my hair has a little oil to make it easier to hold a curl (beauty school 101 minus the beauty school haha). Before I curl my hair I always spray this dry shampoo because it adds a little extra volume and it’s easier the curls to hold a grip.
4. Hot Tools Gold Plated Curling Iron :: After going through hot rollers, regular rollers, round brushes and straightening irons, the best kept secret to getting great curls that hold? The ever so popular Hot Tools Gold Plated Curling Iron…I own 3 (you know for when I travel etc haha or in case one breaks and I have a hair emergency). It’s easy to use, great quality and gets the job done…takes me about 15-20 minutes to curl my whole head of hair.
5. Moroccan Oil Hairspray :: This hairspray is amazing…it smells great, adds shine and is lightweight…finally a hairspray that gives you the hold your curls need without the crunchy texture no one ever wants…#Obsessed #Savior #IHashtagWayTooMuch :p
Winter storm Juno totally kicked my ass yesterday, on Long Island we got about 2 feet of snow (for proof see my insta…my dad snapped a pick in between plowing the driveway…and yes there was a shit ton of snow…despite the 7 inches NYC got) so I was cooped up in the house all day with only one thing to do…dream of warmer weather and pack for my weekend trip to Florida…it’s about time I get out of NY and head for some sunshine! So here’s a little sneak peek into what I am packing in my suitcase for my trip Disney…I am hoping the weather is warm and I can actually wear this new cut out swimsuit I got (I LOVE it)…#WishfulThinking!
P.S. In case you couldn’t tell from my picture below…I kinda tend to overpack…oops#SorryNotSorry 😉 Also I took these photos myself so they may not be as great as when my brother takes them but hey I have to learn sometime right? :pShop + Share (some of these picks were also on my ‘Warm Weather WishList‘)