It’s no secret that the Hamsa Hand has become somewhat of a fashion statement. I’ve spotted it on sweatshirts, necklaces, bracelets, rings, bags and more….however many people don’t realize it’s cultural significance is way more ‘in’ than the trendy symbol itself!
After a little research I discovered the ‘Hamsa Hand’ represents good luck and protection. It is there to protect you from evil spirits and bad luck and anyone who may give you the ‘evil eye’.
When you have a ‘Hamsa’ either hanging in your house or your wearing one, it’s expected to be a symbol of good luck for years to come.
How does this help you pick out a last minute Hannukah gift for your friend, relative or anyone else? Easy…hello get a Hamsa!
Here’s a round up of my top 10 Hamsa Hand inspired gifts that are sure to bring good luck and protection for years to come:
1) Pave Hamsa Bracelet from Capwell + Co $16
Capwell + Co Pave Hamsa
2) 10K Gold Hamsa Necklace from Macy’s $99 (on sale, plus you can use coupons!)
10K Gold Hamsa Pendant at Macy’s
3) Gold Dipped ‘All Is Well’ Hamsa Neckalce at Bloomingdales $58
Gold Dipped Hamsa Necklace at Bloomingales
4) Lucky Brand ‘Hamsa’ Pullover at Nordstrom $47.70
Lucky Brand ‘Hamsa’ Pullover at Nordstrom
5) Fringes Of Faith beaded ‘Hamsa’ bracelet on Etsy $75 (Many other styles available on the Fringes Of Faith Etsy Page)
Fringes Of Faith ‘Hamsa’ Bracelet on Etsy
6) Hamsa ‘Pop Art’ at Saatchi Online $129 (18 x 24)
‘Pop Goes The Hamsa’
By: Katie Pfeiffer
7) Material Girl ‘Hamsa Print Tote’ at Macy’s $18.99
Material Girl ‘Hamsa Tote’ at Macy’s
8) Hamsa ‘Opal’ Pendant at BaubleBar $28
Hamsa ‘Opal’ Pendant at BaubleBar
9) Hamsa Hand ‘Wall Stickers’ at Amazon $28.99 (perfect for a college dorm room!)
Hamsa Hand ‘Wall Sticker’ at Amazon
10) Jennifer Zeuner Jewelry ‘Hamsa’ Bracelet at Saks $155
Jennifer Zeuner Jewelry ‘Hamsa’ Bracelet at Saks
Will you be gifting a ‘Hamsa’ this season?
Tweet me @MissyOnMadison & ‘Like‘ the Facebook Page!